January 8, 2021
Hello Team 6S!
We are already one week into the new semester! We know it has been hard adjusting to a new schedule after a long break, but most of our students are managing it like champs! We will be full remote next week (January 11-15), and then we will begin with the hybrid model on Tuesday, January 19 as we welcome both our in-person and online students. Please let us know if you have any questions, and please see the tips below!
A few helpful reminders...
- We use Hapara to monitor online engagement, and students are sometimes sent reminders to join class (or focus on class) when students are on YouTube, email, etc. instead of in class.
- Open Zoom link office hours are every day from 2:30-3:00! Need a different time? Of course! Just send us an email.
- A weekly Skyward and Google Classroom check is a great way to work with your student. Choose a day where you can both sit together and look at Skyward and Google Classroom. No missing assignments on either Skyward or Google Classroom? Celebrate that accomplishment! If you notice some missing work or grades you both aren't satisfied with, this weekly meeting is a great opportunity to problem solve together. What can be done to improve grades? Has your student been attending office hours?
- If a student would like to request an appointment with our team social worker, they can complete the request form using the BJHS website and the Guidance link.
- Need information regarding student meals? Use this link! Student Meals
- Has your student shown you the Team Homework page? We update it regularly.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to email us. We are a team!
Caley Oltman (LBS1)
(309) 827-0086 ext. 1831
Science and Math
(309) 827-0086 ext. 1819
Jen Stroyan (Social Studies and ELA) and Ellie Schimmel (ISU Student Teacher - Social Studies and ELA)
(309) 827-0086 ext. 1818