Donut you know how fun Kindergarten will be!
Mrs. Meadors' Kindergarten Class 2019-2020
I am so excited to be teaching Kindergarten this year. and working with your student and family. Kindergarteners have so much excitement for school! I love to work with the students and see how much they grow over the year. They will learn about reading, writing, math, science, social studies, being a good friend and other social stills. I look forward to working with you this year as we embark on this adventure together.
This is my 15th year teaching - 10 of which have been in District 87. I am a District 87 Alumi myself! I attended ISU to get my Elementary Education Degree. After a few years teaching, I returned to ISU to earn a Masters in Reading. I have continued other courses at ISU in English Langauage Learners, Special Education, Science and Technology over the years.
Every day we will have lunch and recess from 11:00-11:50. We would love to have you come in and join your student for lunch a few times this year!
Our other special schedule is:
- Monday - LMC 1:00-1:30 and PE 1:30-2:00
- Tuesday - Music 1:00-1:30 and Art 1:30-2:00
- Wednesday -PE 2:05-2:35
- Thursday - Art 1:30-2:00, LMC 2:05-2:35, and PE 2:35-3:05
- Friday - Music 1:30-2:00
Here are some useful links for you to use throughout the year:
Bloomz I will use this site to communicate about room parties, upcoming events and share pictures. Please join our class so you can keep current with upcoming events and announcements. Our class access code is H5EGUZ.
Lunch Menu click here to access our digital lunch menu.
Lesson Links your students use in the classroom and in LMC can be found here.
Oakland's Website has a wealth of information regarding PTO, Bussing, School Information and other important information.
Here are some of the areas we will be learning about this year:
- Phonics - We will learn about the letters and the sounds they make. We will work on putting together sounds to make words and begin to read.
- Writing - We will learn about how to write the sounds we hear to make words, make our words match our pictures and write sentences.
- Math - We will work on counting, writing numbers, shapes, patterns, addition and subtraction.
- Science - We will investigate forces and interaction, Earth's systems, weather, and what living things need to survive.
- Social Studies - We will learn about community helpers, holidays, fire safety and mportant people.
- Social Skills - We will use a variety of books, songs and discussions to explore our feelings, how to control our feelings and how to treat others.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if I can help you in any way!
Email - email@example.com
Bloomz - contact me on Bloomz
Phone - 309-662-4302 - This is the phone number for Oakland School.