PBIS (Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports)
Here are the key points of PBIS:
- We have three clearly defined expectations of Be Safe, Be Kind, and Be Responsible, also known as our Rookie Rules. If students can show those expectations they will have success. Every student will be taught our three expectations in each area of our school.
- We have developed five Winning Ways to help students be successful with the Rookie Rules. The Winning Ways are: Eyes Watching, Ears Listening, Voices Quiet, Bodies Still, and Stay Calm.
- Research has shown that PBIS not only improves a school culture, but it will also improve academic performance.
- Teach, reteach and reinforce Rookie Rules throughout the school year.
- Create a more positive environment in the entire learning community, school, buses, and home.
- Challenge students, staff, and families to maintain consistent expectations.
- Inspire positive behaviors.