The Normal Rotary Club is a service organization. The club is comprised of individuals who have a passion “to give back to the community” on a local and international level. NRC members’ shared passion for service helps us initiate service projects to address today’s challenges, including literacy, disease, hunger, poverty, lack of clean water, and environmental concerns. Applicants are encouraged to review Rotary International’s mission at the following website: http://www.rotary.org.
The NRC is offering $1,000 scholarships to 2018 high school graduates who, through their service records, demonstrate a similar passion and interest in serving others.
The qualifications are:
- Students must attend Normal Community West High School, Normal Community High School, University High School or the Bloomington Area Career Center.
- The student must demonstrate his or her involvement in service, citizenship, leadership and activities.
- The student must show evidence of initiative in their personal life.
- The student does not have to be an academic scholar, but should be in the top half (1/2) of his or her graduating class as determined by the principal or designee.
- The student must be planning to go on to college/university or trade school in fall 2018. Scholarship awards will be sent directly to the college/university or trade school designated by the award winner.
- Children of NRC members are not eligible.
Please complete the application and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org If you do not have access to email, please either fax or mail the application to: Angie Bubon, 1015 N 900E Rd, Melvin, IL 60952 or fax: 309-827-8997. The application is due no later than Friday, April 6, 2018.
Scholarship winners will be recognized at a special meeting of the NRC on Wednesday, May 9, 2018 from 12:00 to 1:00 PM in the Bone Student Center Circus Room at Illinois State University.