(Para español, ver abajo.)
Student Meals during Remote Learning
District 87 will continue to have meals available for students during remote learning. Breakfast and lunch will be available with a modified, “grab and go” menu. Meals will be balanced and will contain grains, meat/meat alternatives, vegetables, fruit, and milk. During the 2020-21 school year, District 87 is required to operate under the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program which provides free, reduced-price, or paid meals for students in grades K-12 based on their family's income.
How to receive meals during remote learning
- Complete a meal order form at least one day in advance of meal pick up. If you are the parent/guardian of multiple District 87 students, you must complete a separate order form for each student. Students who receive free/reduced-price meals must also submit a meal order form. Order forms for Tuesday pick up are due Mondays at 11:00 AM. Order forms for Thursday pick up are due Wednesdays at 11:00 AM.
- If you do not qualify for free meals, please transfer funds into your student’s lunch account through My School Bucks. Cash can be accepted as a form of payment on site, however it is highly encouraged to transfer funds to your student’s meal account. K-12 accounts will be charged per each meal that is picked up. Click here for meal pricing.
- Meals will be distributed from school buses on Tuesdays and Thursdays, with the first distribution date on Tuesday, August 25. A D87 food service employee on site will ask for the student's name and how many meals are being picked up.
The pick up times and locations are:
- Bent Elementary School 11:30 - 12:30
- Oakland Elementary School 11:30 - 12:30
- Washington Elementary School 11:30 - 12:30
- Bloomington Junior High School 11:30 - 12:30
- Irving Elementary School 11:30 - 1:30
- Sheridan Elementary School 11:30 - 1:30
- Stevenson Elementary School 11:30 - 1:30
- Bloomington High School, north parking lot 11:30 - 1:30
- Wood Hill Family Homes 12:45 - 1:30
- Friendship Park at Allin/Jefferson - 12:45 - 1:30
- Sunnyside Park 12:45 - 1:30
- Arbors at Eastland by the pool 12:45-1:30
- (Optional) Apply to receive Free/Reduced Price Meals through the digital application or printed paper application. The paper application must be mailed/delivered to District 87 Food Service Department at 300 E. Monroe Street Bloomington, IL 61701.
- (Sarah Raymond students only) Breakfast or snacks for Raymond Rookies will be available for pick up at Irving Elementary School. There will be no cost for breakfasts or snacks for Sarah Raymond students due to the Child and Adult Care Food Program.
- Generally, two breakfasts and two lunches per student will be available to pick up on Tuesdays. Generally, three breakfasts and three lunches per student will be available for Thursday pick up.
- Children do not need to be present for a guardian to pick up meals.
- Anyone feeling ill or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should not attend the meal pick up.
- Please wear a mask and maintain a 6-foot distance between other families as much as possible during meal pick up.
Comidas de los estudiantes durante el aprendizaje remoto
La traducción llegará pronto