Welcome to the Irving School Library!
The Irving School Library Program is committed to helping students in the following ways:
- Empower students by giving them the basic computer and research skills they will use throughout their lives.
- Teach students critical ways of assessing different types of media. On top of learning strategies to access information, students should know how to determine the validity, usability and relevance of the information.
- Encourage student’s creativity and self-expression by exposing them to different forms of media (books, websites, videos, magazines) from a wide variety of cultures, perspectives, and styles.
- Provide students with opportunities to collaborate and engage in creative problem solving.
- Promote the conscientious use of information and encourage ethical online behavior.