Drive Through Graduation
Sunday May 24 at Bloomington High School
District 87 staff have been working hard to finalize plans for your Drive-Through Graduation Ceremony on Sunday, May 24, 2020 at BHS. In order to make the most of this historic graduation ceremony for the Class of 2020, please be sure to read all information on this page and follow the expectations set forth:
- Please arrive in only ONE vehicle (per graduate) – with no more than 4 other family members. Family members MUST stay in the vehicle AT ALL TIMES. Arrival times by last name are outlined below.
- The Drive-Through Graduation Ceremony will take place in the student parking lot at BHS (east side of North Gym). Click here for a map to show how the ceremony will flow. Please arrive as close to your start time as possible – proceeding into the southeast student lot. If you arrive early, you will be directed to the staff lot (west side of North Gym) until your graduation time arrives.
- Once you arrive, please stay in your vehicle until a BHS staff member directs you to exit your vehicle.
- To help keep the flow of graduates moving, we will have 5 graduates in line (at least 6 feet apart) at a time.
- Once you are at the podium – your name will be read and then you will walk to a table to get your diploma. After receiving your diploma, you will proceed to the photo station and have your graduation picture taken.
- After your picture is taken, you will re-enter your vehicle and exit the student lot, heading north through the BACC parking lot.
Considering that this is not our traditional graduation ceremony, we ask that everyone involved be very patient when you arrive at BHS. Our goal on May 24th is to provide every member of the Class of 2020 a time to be celebrated by both our school and their family. It is also very important that our ceremony meets all social distancing guidelines outlined by the Governor of Illinois, the Illinois State Board of Education and District 87. Adhering to the expectations outlined on this page is very important.
If you have any questions, contact Principal Moore - email@example.com
Drive Through Graduation Times by Name
Please bring the following items with you to be collected during the event:
- Your BHS Laptop - You should have received a letter in the mail containing BHS labels with your name. Please place a label on your laptop.
- Any textbooks or library books you have - Please place these items in a plastic bag. Place the second BHS label with your name on it on the outside of the plastic bag.
- Any senior who is not attending Sunday's event should return any school-owned devices to the BHS main office May 26-29.
Other Important Reminders:
- For your safety and the safety of others, please wear a mask. You will be able to remove the mask for your graduation picture.
- This is a NO-CONTACT ceremony; please do not touch or interact with other classmates while at BHS.
- The graduation speeches are being aired on local radio stations Cities 92.9 at 12:00 pm. Feel free to share this information with family and friends, so they can hear speeches from the valedictorians, Superintendent Dr. Reilly and School Board President Brigette
- We welcome you to decorate your vehicle using items provided by BHS and the Class of 2020.
- We typically mail the actual diploma to your home address later in June. We hope to have your diploma at the ceremony on May 24th , but if we don’t – we will give you your diploma cover on May 24th and mail the diploma at a later date (as we normally do).