The Oakland Library Media Center Mission
At Oakland School we believe that all students will learn and succeed. The following steps will make the Library Media Center a key part in achieving this vision.
Library Media Center Goals
- Share our love of reading and work to help others learn to love reading.
- Make the Library Media Center a welcoming, active place. Encourage individuals, small groups, classes, parent and community groups to use the LMC and its resources.
- Make the Library Media Center a place that prods curiosity with its collection, displays, and lessons.
- Build our community through an appreciation of diversity. Make this evident and visible in our collection, displays and projects.
- Make the Library Media Center known to the worldwide community by sharing our ideas and stories through the LC website.
- Be aware of standards established for learning, literacy, information literacy, and technology and establish an environment where those standards are known, and all learners strive to achieve them.
- Develop collaborative projects with classrooms, other schools, and other learning communities.
- Evaluate trends in libraries, literacy, information literacy, and technology to see how our school might best use these new ideas.
- Promote the use of technology to explore, organize, and create.
- Seek opportunities to share knowledge through workshops, small group sharing, and individual instruction.