Return to Headlines
Heartland Community College Dual Credit Update
Hello BACC Students and Parents
You are receiving his email because you are enrolled in a dual credit class at Heartland Community College. Remote learning has brought about many changes for all of us and HCC has been working to make sure those changes do not negatively affect students' dual credit courses. This communication is in regards to the Credit/No Credit option available due to the Covid-19 situation. Students who wish to go the Credit/No Credit route will need to follow the steps outlined in their HCC email by June 1st. Here are some details you will find helpful:
- All details for the credit/no credit option can be found at https://www.heartland.edu/
- In order to request the credit/no credit option, the student must go to this website https://www.
heartland.edu/collegeNow/ studentInfo/specialAlerts.html and click on the form link under "Credit/No Credit Option for Spring 2020"
- You can wait until final grades are submitted to submit your request.
- Any questions about how a "credit/no credit" will affect a student's transcript can email raab.advisors@
- Information about credit/no credit:
- If the student has a C or higher they will get credit for the hours. If the student receives an F, they will receive the no credit
- This is a good option if the student did not get the grade they were anticipating and does not want the grade factored into their college GPA
- Credit/No credit is not factored into GPA.
- Each college/university has different criteria on how many hours they will accept with the "credit" designation on a transcript.
If there are any questions that arise, please reach out to Peggy Arbuckle, arbucklep@district87, or your student's instructor.