COVID Community Resources
Several groups and businesses in our community provide services that can assist families during the COVID-19 shut down. For a comprehensive list of resources provided in Bloomington-Normal, visit https://www.bnprepared.org/resources.
- Center for Human Services - The crisis team at the McLean County Center for Human Services is still answering calls and providing services for McLean County, including in-person assistance with the proper precautions. The center accepts calls 24/7, with help from PATH, at 309-827-5351.
- ISBE Mental Health Resources
Help with rent/utilities
- City of Bloomington Township - Individuals living in area codes 61701 and 61704 who are experiencing low or no income at this time may be eligible for assistance from the City of Bloomington Township. The township provides general and emergency assistance for essential services like rent and other utilities. Call 309-828-2356 for more information.
- Bloomington Public Library - Free 24/7 WiFi connection from the library parking lot at 205 E Olive St. No password needed.
- Free Xfinity HotSpots
- Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church - 801 W. Market St. Bloomington
Free 24/7 WiFi connection from the church's north parking lot. Password is "district87."
- District 87 - The district is providing meals to studens during the closure. Click here for more information.
- Comidas calientes durante la pandemia COVID
- Eastview Christian Church Food Pantry - 401 Union St. Bloomington
Wednesdays 10-11:30 am, with drive-thru from 6-7:30 pm
- Western Avenue Community Center, 600 N Western Avenue
Ready to eat meals are distributed each weekday from 3-5pm. Meals are distributed on a first come first served basis.
- First Assembly of God - 800 E Vernon Ave, Normal
Free meals and groceries April 26 12-2 pm. Groceries will be loaded into vehicles. No informaiton is required to receive groceries.
- Wesley United Methodist Church - 413 E Washington St.
Free food boxes and limited paper propducts distributed to families in need via drive-thru and walk-up from 9-11 am April 18
- Abundant Life Church - 108 E. Market St. Bloomington
Food and Clothes Pantry and Lunch provided 12-1 pm Monday-Friday
- Center for Youth & Family Solutions - 603 N. Center, Blm
Formula & baby food, by appointment 309-829-6307
- St. Mary's Parish - 527 W. Jackson St.
Free grocery distribution Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:30-12:30. Food will be distributed from the church garage in the north parking lot.
- St. Vincent DePaul Society at Holy Trinity - 705 N. Roosevelt St.
Food distribution on Mondays from 9 am - 12 pm and 1-4 pm.
- Center for Hope Food Pantry - 1308 E Empire Bloomington
Food and toiletry distribution, educational training (financial literacy courses, nutrition education and job readiness workshops). Families can come once every 30 days. Translation assistance available for Spanish speakers. Bring ID. Tuesdays 9:30-11:30 am at the Hope Pantry 1308 E. Empire in Bloomington, or Thursdays 4:30-6:30 pm at Temba Pantry, 14940 Old Colonial Road in Bloomington.