Communication: I believe positive and honest communication is essential. While I may be the expert in teaching, you are the expert on your child. Good communication between parents and teachers helps improve academic performance. So, let us work together to make this a great year!
- Newsletter - It will be sent home once a month in your child's Friday Folder. I will also send it on Remind. Please take the time to read it as it will have important dates and classroom information.
- REMIND: I will be text messaging through our district-approved app. You may receive reminders of important dates and classroom information. If you do not have the class code please call me!
- Friday Folders: On Fridays, I will be sending home your child's work from that week. Please look through it all; this is a good way to know what we are studying in class. You can also get an idea of how well your child is doing. Please return the folder empty on Monday.
- Classroom Website: I will be updating this website as needed.
- Phone Calls - If you would like to talk to me personally, please call the school before or after school and they will transfer your call to my room.
- E-mail - email@example.com
Homework: Students will be asked to read nightly for 20 minutes. Every now and then they will also have a Math worksheet. Please check your child's agenda for homework and teacher notes.
Birthday Celebrations: If you would like to bring a treat to share please make sure it is individually wrapped and store-bought. No food items are a good idea. (pencil, stickers) We are taking precautions with COVID.
Dismissal Procedures: If you are picking up your child from school, PLEASE stand at or near the number 6 painted outside on the pavement. TOO many people crowd by the doors and kids get excited to see their parents and just leave. I want to be extra cautious and know that they are going home with the right adult or older sibling. Thank you for your help in this.